Thursday, March 27, 2008

*swoon*

I'm sitting here checking my email and reading the Tribune. Lucy's in the living room watching Curious George because, when I took her to urgent care last night for the big lump on the back of her head she got from falling on the ceramic tile floor, the doctor discovered she has strep throat (her head is fine). There is basically no food in the house--grocery shopping is on the agenda today. Consequently, Elaine had mandarin oranges and teddy grahams for breakfast. She watched me at my computer, got down from her own chair, climbed up on mine, and plopped down beside me.

She looked up at me with her great big grin (and dimples) and said (oh so casually in between munches, sort of like the Fonz), "Hey, Mama. I love you!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's so sweet! I hope Lucy feels better soon!