Tuesday, December 08, 2009

December is Beginning

I always go on record for how much I hate winter, but I have to say that I do love December with all its lights and plans and fun and secrets. As I type this, it is late afternoon and we are gathered in the cozy living room. The girls are wearing pajamas and are bundled up in blankets, watching Kipper the Dog. (Oh, how we love Kipper, that cheerful little British dog!) I've been to the grocery store because they tell us a blizzard is coming in a matter of hours.

First I have to show you this from this weekend though...


Elaine came home and told me, "There was a girl who sat on Santa's lap and cried; it was SO rude. I sat on his lap and didn't cry. I told him I be'd a good girl, and I want a dolly and a dolly and a dolly and Polly Pockets and everything in the Bat Cave." Lucy said, "I didn't sit on his lap, but I stood by him and told him that I want doll clothes." "Oh yeah, me too, I want doll clothes," said Elaine.

Today it began snowing early, so they couldn't wait to get out this afternoon in this...


In a little while, we'll all sit around the table and have homemade vegetable beef soup, rosemary-olive oil bread, and Door County cherry crisp (with a dab of Cool Whip on it) for supper.

We always check on the girls a couple of hours after bedtime. Lately, we've been finding this:


Between now and Saturday we have about four different celebrations, so I feel a little like they do there, but in a good way...

1 comment:

Kacie said...

awww so cute. And you think internally, "what do you know, they DO love each other!"