Saturday, August 14, 2010

They're BACK!

Episodes actually started last Sunday night, but at least on my PBS station, they were doing the tri-annual pledge drive and bumped it. The nerve.

If you don't know what I'm talking about (I'm ashamed of you), but...it's Inspector Lewis. It's the best show you're not watching. Why aren't you watching? I like it even more than Foyle's War, and THAT is saying something, Readers.

Here're a few reasons why:

1. It's a spin-off of Morse, one of the greatest detective series of all time. In fact, 10 years ago when we went to England, we had time to go to only one--either Cambridge or Oxford. I could see Lewis (as in Jack, not Inspector) stuff at either place, but I had to walk where my favorite fictitious detective walked. John Thaw, RIP.

2. It's witty and smart. They don't really do guns. They think and do research and follow leads, while bantering with each other. With lots of literary references and stuff.

3. Beautiful scenery. You know, Oxford.

I hope that's enough for you, so don't force me to say 4. Inspector Hathaway (whom I like to think of as Baby Morse). He's the guy on the left.

Two of my best friends, who shall remain nameless, have not been watching this show in previous seasons because they're watching 24 or Bridezillas or I don't know what. So wrong. You will thank me! In fact, they're rerunning last season before they run the new season so you'll have time to catch up.

If you need some teasers, here you go...

Watch!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I'm not sure how I have not been watching this in previous years! We will have to get Seasons 1-4 on Netflix and tune in to the current season!