Friday, October 23, 2009

A Perfect Friday Morning

It's cold, dark, and rainy out this morning. Elaine and I are tucked up in my bed while Lucy is at school. We're drinking tea and eating donut holes. I'm finishing up some work, and Elaine is watching "101 Dalmatians" or, as she calls it, "Roger and All the Puppies."

This was her second choice. Through an elaborate ritual of eenie, meenie, meinie, mo, she first selected "Cinderella." When I opened the case, I saw that the only disc in there was the one with the extras (typical). I tried to explain to her that that one wasn't the actual movie.

"What is it?" she asked.

"It's where they get all the people who drew Cinderella together and they talk about how they made the movie."

She thought for a moment and said, "Well, that's trashy and horrible. I DON'T want that. Let me start all over again."

So, Roger and All the Puppies it is. Elaine usually assigns us all parts when she watches, so I better wrap this up if I want to be Perdita, my usual pick. Otherwise, she tells me I can be Cruela, and I'm not sure I like the implications of that.

2 comments:

Mae said...

Alice, I have been needing an "Elaine Fix", so thank you for writing about her. It is so delightful to hear of your adventures with her.

Melanie said...

Smiles. That's it - that's what this post brought to mind. Hope you're having a good weekend!