Friday, May 22, 2009

It's official--I'm an embarrassment to my children

Tonight we went to the local drive-in for supper to celebrate graduation and summer vacation. On the way home, we had the radio on in the car and the BeeGees "Night Fever" came on. I defy you not to car-sing and car-dance to that song, so of course I was doing so. Even Darren "Mr. Stoic" was whistling along.

Then from the back seat came Lucy's little voice, "Mommmm. Please don't do that."

Hmmmm. Back to kindergarten for her!

2 comments:

picturingme said...

My mom used to break into song any time I would utter a phrase that would jog her memory. It bugged me to no end, but she always said I would do the same thing with my children...and I do! And it's fun! (yes, I delight in annoying my children sometimes :) Just think of it as starting a new tradition! Be sure to let them know that they will do the same thing to their children when they are older. ;)

Ann-Marie said...

Billy Joel once wrote how he started singing on the streets of New York, and his daughters BEGGED him to stop. Even singing sensations embarrass their kids!