Monday, January 12, 2009

A Little Bit of Elaine This Weekend

...singing, while bouncing up and down in one of the wing chairs...


"I love currant wine, I love currant wine,
I'm having it for sup-per!"

(And no, she's never had currant wine. She has seen "Anne of Green Gables," however.)

-----

...while getting her out of her carseat last night...

"I'm sorry you bumped your head, Mom. If I slammed your head in the car door? I would kiss you to make you feel better."

-----

...while arguing with Lucy over whose turn it was to pick the audiobook they were going to listen to at bedtime...

Elaine: "I pick 'Bedtime for Frances.'

Lucy: "You always pick that one, besides it's my turn."

Elaine (getting louder): "Then I pick 'Secret of Mossy Roots Mansion.'"

Lucy: "No, we just had that one."

Elaine (getting even louder): "You LOVE 'Mossy Roots Mansion,' Lucy. You think it's wonderful and precious. You said so!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah - I so love tales of Smoochie! She's like every feisty childhood heroine from my favorite children's books - come to life. I would love to see Elaine and Cole on a playdate together!

Ann-Marie said...

Well, who doesn't love currant wine? I'll just bet stodgy old Gilbert doesn't!

Elaine's Exclamations would make for a great children's book, if you ask me!