Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A New Look for a New Year

Do you like it? I love it--and I got to switch back to blogger's new mode rather than classic, which was messing me all up. In addition, I have new little features of a quote of the week and a list of the books the girls and I (and Darren) are reading together along the side there, which I'll be continually updating.

I've enjoyed taking a little break from writing, and I plan to come back totally refreshed at the beginning of January with all sorts of tales, including our holidays, playdates, kindergarten anecdotes, what it's like having a 3-year-old in the house, more loss of teeth, roadtrips, DVD recommendations, the story of my 75-year-old mother pushing an SUV out of a ditch, constant references to Selah and "Stepping Heavenward," links to all the things I adore, my continual paean to Mark Harmon and NCIS, and everything you've come to know and (hopefully) love about Guilford Road.

As always, thank you for reading and enjoying my two wacky little girls a fraction as much as I do.

See you in the new year!

6 comments:

Alysa said...

I've been goin' through Alice withdrawal ... can't wait to hear the tales! =)

Mae said...

I'm excited about the new things you plan to write about. My life is dull without Alysa's and your blogs.

Becky said...

I LOVE the new look! So cute! I want to make Scott do that to our blog. :) He would probably object to pink for the family. What a shame.

Juliet said...

I love the idea of a quote for the week. It's something I have thought about doing myself, but never got around to doing it.

A Happy New Year! I do look forward to hearing ongoing tales of your wonderful daughters.

Anonymous said...

I love the new look! Can't wait to hear all the news from Guilford Road! Happiest of New Year's to you and the rest of the fam, Alice!

Ann-Marie said...

Yes, yes, I love it! Very classic and feminine. I'm looking forward to 2,009 posts by Alice in 2009. :-) Or maybe just 2,000?