Tuesday, November 04, 2008

As of 7 PM, I Already Know Who Won the Election

It was the Bear. He beat out the Fox and is now the new King of the Forest.

Lucy's class held the election. They had voting booths and everything. They all wore red, white, and blue. Apparently Bear won by a landslide: 16 to 6.

I asked Lucy what were Bear's qualities and qualifications that made her vote for him.

"He's kind, Mom. He cares about the other animals in the forest, and he listens to their problems."

"What was wrong with Fox?" I asked.

"He was horrible. He was so proud of himself. He actually voted for his own self! He didn't care about anybody else. Everybody was happy Bear won."

Well, almost everyone, I guess. Except for the 6 who voted for Fox.

Don't you wish it was that simple?

When I was little, I kept wishing I was grown up. Now that I am grown up, I wish I didn't have to know all the things I do. I never ever get political on this blog, and I'm not about to start now. I don't really remember such a trumpeted and overhyped election as the one this year (no, not between Bear and Fox. Between those other guys.) I don't remember a time when it has all gotten so heated. I have friends on both sides. Honestly, I am so sick of it. So tired of trying to decide what to think and what to believe and how to vote about it. I just want it to be over for a little while anyway. Also, I'm really mad that NCIS was pre-empted tonight due to election coverage.

The Associated Press said today, "The morning after: Half of us will be disappointed." Wow, nothing gets past the media, does it?! I went to cast my vote this morning. And I think I know what the outcome of this election will be, but I don't know for sure.

I do know that whatever happens, I will not be disappointed in the morning. One thing stands out to me amongst all the issues and campaigning and lies and hoopla:

Proverbs 21:1 "The heart of the king is in the hand of the Lord. He directs it like a watercourse wherever He pleases."

2 comments:

Mae said...

yes, I came home from my study tonight and was hoping that on one of the stations I could find NCIS, but no such luck. I agree, the Lord is in control of all things and has a plan for our future.

Ann-Marie said...

Man, I voted for the Fox, apparently.

Yeah, nothing gets by the AP, does it? Not exactly half of us, I guess. Someday, we'll be under the perfect government!