Thursday, October 09, 2008

Wherein I Post a Bunch of Pictures Because I Don't Have Much to Say

This past weekend I finally did the chore Darren has been begging me to do for ages, namely clean out the storage area of the basement. I was all set to take before and after pictures, but the before was so incredibly appalling that he refused to let me share our shame with any of our friends as well as millions of strangers on the Internet. Go figure.

My stipulations for the job were that he provide me with industrial strength garbage bags, boxes, and a day without the girls. He obliged. So I headed to the basement, gathered up all my 80s mix CDs, hit play, stubbed my toe brutally while simultaneously gathering up stuff and dancing to Stevie Wonder's "Superstition," and settled in to work for the day. It doesn't mean much without the pictures, but we now have a completely clean and organized (and half empty) storage room. I mean, we could actually, you know, store something in there. Or even turn it into another office or workout room.

In the meantime, Darren took the girls (and the camera) to the pumpkin patch.



This last one is my absolute favorite....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! Love all the pics - the first one is so vibrant! Congrats on the basement project - I need to do the same...

Ann-Marie said...

Wheee! What an awesome pic. Snaps to Darren.

Juliet said...

Darren told me about the awsome project you did. I thought that I would see before and after pictures, but I guess not.

Love all the pictures of the girls having fun at the Pumpkin Patch. And you are right...love them going down that big slide. Do a 5x7 and have it framed. TOO TOO CUTE!