Thursday, June 05, 2008

An unabashedly sentimental post

Five years ago tomorrow, Lucy Nan was born. It seems like yesterday. I can't believe five whole years have flown by. She has changed my life unbelievably. I am not the same person I was on June 6, 2003. My heart is too full to even be able to write all that she's meant to me in these five years, so I posted the slideshow. If you are wondering about the music accompanying it, this is the song that I sang to Lucy when I first held her in the hospital. I can't hear it even now without tearing up. Believe me, the song is absolutely crucial to the slideshow. So, while you look at the pictures, instead of hearing Sir Elton singing, imagine a new 34-year-old mom who had waited for years for her first baby, coked to the gills on painkillers, singing through the tears, holding her dream come true.

And Lucy, I hope you don't mind that I put down in words how wonderful life is while you're in the world! Happy birthday, Baby...I love you!

[A technical note: the slideshow plays continuously if you miss the beginning. I wanted it to have a start/stop feature, but I don't think it does...]

1 comment:

Ann-Marie said...

I think it's beautiful and wonderful to get sentimental about the right things. I can't wait to see the slide show