Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Music and a Blog

If anyone ever asks, "What's your favorite music?" or "What's your favorite group?" pretty much anyone who knows me knows the answer is this. More than any other music I've ever heard in my life, this group has impacted me. They're phenomenal. They're simply the best. That's not even an opinion, it's just a fact. If you haven't heard them, you're missing out.

Since I'm constantly scanning their site to see when they'll be in concert again near me (we once drove three hours with tornadoes touching down around the area in order to see them), I came across the blog written by the wife of Todd Smith, the lead singer. All of it is so worth reading, but especially this and this.

I hope everyone gets a chance to read those entries and, if you haven't already, to get some (or preferably all) of their music.

2 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

What a tragic heartbreak! My heart hurts for her. I will try to remember her in my prayers - and her family.

I've never heard of Selah - must check them out. What style of music do they play?

Alice said...

They are a 3-member group and have the most beautiful harmony ever. They sing a lot of hymns and theologically-rich Christian contemporary music. I'd recommend (first) either their Greatest Hymns CD or "Hiding Place." Although their boxed set is less than $30 and you get 4 CDs. That's the best one of all!