Monday, January 14, 2008

Another Lucy

If you get the chance, please say a prayer for this little one today. Currently, she is undergoing her fourth open-chest and third open-heart surgery (as I type). She is 8 1/2 months old and was born with a heart malfunction. She had bypass surgery (to put in a pacemaker) in November, but apparently all is not well with her valves, so right now they're repairing one and replacing another. I know her parents and grandparents could use all the prayer they can get too...


Holy Innocents

Sleep, little Baby, sleep;

The holy Angels love thee,

And guard thy bed, and keep

A blessed watch above thee.

No spirit can come near

Nor evil beast to harm thee:

Sleep, Sweet, devoid of fear

Where nothing need alarm thee.

The Love which doth not sleep,

The eternal Arms surround thee:

The Shepherd of the sheep

In perfect love hath found thee.

Sleep through the holy night,

Christ-kept from snare and sorrow,

Until thou wake to light

And love and warmth to-morrow.

-Christina Rossetti

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Ann-Marie said...

Thoughts and prayers from me!

You know, every time I see the word Lucy, I think of Charlie Brown and that never-kicked football!

Alice said...

Thanks--Baby Lucy survived the surgery and the news was better than her parents thought it would be. She's sedated now and being watched closely.

Our Lucy is named for Narnia, but there's plenty of Lucy Van Pelt there too, let me tell you! :-)

Ann-Marie said...

Yeah, we're thinking Aslan if we have a boy someday.

Hee.

That's probably not too funny. There's some kid out there named Aslan having to prove himself everyday.

Hee x 2.

Alice said...

Maybe Aslan could be his middle name. (If you knew me better, you would know how completely tempted I would be to do something like that...)

You wouldn't believe how many people asked us when we were expecting Elaine if we were going to name her "Susan." Yeah. We're going to name her after the sister who stopped believing in Narnia and didn't go to heaven. Way to set her up for life there...

Juliet said...

I saw a picture of Lucy at church. When I asked several people, they didn't know who she was. I truly will be praying for her along with Regan(Gayle Edges' grandaughter)

Wendy said...

Ah, yes, baby Lucy. This is how I ended up on your blog. Poor little darling. She is in my prayers. My youngest is 9-months old and I cannot even imagine....

Ann-Marie said...

By the way, Alice, I never read beyond The Lion, the Witch,and the Warbrobe. Is THAT what happens? I'm sort of shocked.

I don't care for C.S. Lewis (don't hate me, I know I'm the minority).

Alice said...

Yes, the Pevensies are reunited with their parents, but they are all killed in a railway accident. Everyone but Susan goes to Aslan's heavenly kingdom, because she's forsaken her belief in him. (This is all in "The Last Battle.")

Don't worry about not liking Lewis. I don't like Tolkien or U2 and I've never seen "24" or "Lost"--all things that I think make me some sort of heretic or renegade...

Ann-Marie said...

Thanks for the spoiler! It puts a whole 'nother spin on things, at least in view of the first (and only) Narnia book I've ever read.

My heresy? I don't like or watch American Idol. Mom loves it. I just cannot stand all that judgment. I like to root for people - and I can't stand the heartbreak!