Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Sitting Up

Yesterday I picked the girls up from daycare. I went into Elaine's room first. Usually she's sitting in her swing or rolling around on the mats on the floor. Today she was sitting up at the table. The table is specially made for infants--there are little built-in seats within the table--so the babies can sit up and eat. And there she was, holding some plastic keys (she loves keys), kicking her little legs and smiling. Her teacher said, "She was lying on the floor, but then two big boys came and stood right by her head. She let out a big, scared squeal so I brought her up here with me. She likes sitting by the teacher, don't you, Elaine? Oh, and then we painted some." I walked over to her and she gave me her big 4-tooth grin, and I could see the remnants of the paint on her fat little index finger.

My Smoochie! She hardly even has hair, and she's sitting up, painting!

No comments: